Tuesday 24 September 2013

“I Don’t Know My Best Team Yet” – Mourinho Admits



Jose Mourinho has admitted that he does not know his strongest team, but has called on his players to make up his mind.

The Chelsea manager is set to give Cesar Azpilicueta, Ryan Bertrand, Juan Mata, a rare chance against Swindon Town in the Capital One Cup clash against Swindon Town, even as the Blues struggle for consistency in all competitions.

“Of course, I don’t know [what my best team is],” Mourinho told reporters. “But the players have to give me the answers. I cannot dig and dig and dig looking for the best team. The players must give me the answer.

“Do I have a doubt that [Branislav] Ivanovic is in this moment my right-back? I have no doubt. You see the way the guy performs. So it is up to them.

“If somebody is waiting for me to give shirts because of status and history, that’s not the point. Of course, I have some doubts in some positions and I think it’s normal.”

No comments:

Post a Comment