Friday 27 September 2013

“It’s Not As If I’ve killed Anyone” – Balotelli Reluctantly Apologizes For Red Card

AC Milan striker Mario Balotelli, has offered a reluctant apology, for his antics during the 2-1 loss to Napoli on Sunday.

The Italy international was dismissed late on, after scoring the consolation goal for the Rossoneri and was banned for three games. Milan chose not to appeal the punishment and the former Manchester City has now said sorry.

“First of all I am sorry for my team-mates,” Balotelli told La Gazzetta dello Sport. 

“They train and work hard with me, so with this gesture I left them alone. I also feel guilty for the fans, who care so much, and of course the club.”

“I also apologise to the referee, as I should not have reacted that way. I do realise I have to resist in certain situations,” he reflected.

”But against Napoli it was the same old story, the fouls against me don’t seem to count, but as soon as I do anything, (it’s a foul). I just want others to be punished for fouling me the same way I am for fouling them.”

Daily Post

No comments:

Post a Comment