Thursday 15 May 2014

"I'm Confident God Will Grant Me Quick Recovery" -- Prof. Dora Akunyili Finally Reveals



Prof. Dora Akunyili, a delegate at the ongoing National Conference, who was recently rushed out of the country for medical treatment, has said her health is improving. 



The former Minister for Information and Communication thanked Nigerians for their overwhelming support and prayers as she continues to receive treatment for her illness in India.

She said this in a statement signed by her Media Adviser, Mr. Isaac Umunna, on Wednesday (May 14) which was obtained by PUNCH.

She said:



I am touched – indeed, overwhelmed by the outpouring of love and affection by my fellow countrymen and women, as well as numerous other well-wishers around the world, many of whom have not only been praying for me but have also been mobilising through the various social networks for God’s healing hands to come upon me. I am confident that Almighty God will hear our prayers and grant me quick recovery. I love you all and pray that Almighty God blesses you all.


The former Director General of the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control was the topic of discussion across the country when she surfaced at the conference looking emaciated some weeks ago.

She had earlier responded by saying that she was fine and God had preserved her life so that she could attend the conference. 

gIST pLANET

No comments:

Post a Comment