Thursday 23 January 2014

IK Uche Not Sure Of World Cup Place



Ikechukwu Uche has admitted that he is not sure of his World Cup place in the Super Eagles squad, despite his rich vein of form for Villareal in La Liga.

The Nigeria international, is currently fourth in the Spanish League scoring chart, after he scored his 12th goal of the campaign against Almeria on Sunday.

Uche has not featured for the Eagles, ever since his poor displays at the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations in South Africa and expressed his fears of missing out at Brazil 2014.

“I do not know if I will be included for the World Cup,” Uche told Spanish daily Marca.

“Many may think that getting goals in a league like Spain should get me into Nigeria’s World Cup squad but I can only say that it doesn’t depend on me. If they call me fine and if not, no problem.”

The 30-year-old however praised his Yelow Submarines team mates for his impressive form in front of goal.

“My consistent performance is down to the help I get from all my teammates because if it wasn’t for them it wouldn’t be possible to score those goals. I hope it continues. I’m going to keep working hard game after game,” concluded Uche.

Uche has scored 18 goals in 44 appearances for the Super Eagles since he made his debut in 2007.


No comments:

Post a Comment